- Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils caused by virus or some types of bacteria. Tonsils are lumps of tissue on both sides of the back of the throat that help the immune system protect the body from infections.
This article is based on my dissertation work on homeopathic remedy for tonsillectomy. this study helps to show you Tonsillitis Diagnosis cause and symptoms and Miasm and Outcome in brief.
“I CAN REMEMBER BEING HOME FROM SCHOOL WITH TONSILLITIS AND WRITING STORIES IN BED TO PASS THE TIME’’ —-Stephen King
TYPES OF TONSILLITIS:
- Essentially, Tonsillitis is of 2 kinds: chronic tonsillitis and recurrent tonsillitis.
- But in major, there are Acute Tonsillitis, swollen pharyngeal tonsils, bacterial tonsillitis and Chronic Follicular Tonsillitis
COMPLICATIONS OF TONSILLITIS:
- Tonsil stones homeopathy Obstructive sleep apnea is a common complication of chronic tonsillitis, with that tonsillitis may have sore throat, fever, swollen gland in the neck, and trouble swallowing.
- Homeopathy for tonsils and adenoids study was carried out to obtain the efficacy of constitutional medicine in prevention and control of tonsillitis after getting the Similimum in case of tonsillitis.
- 30 cases of Tonsillitis were selected based on Inclusion and Exclusion criteria.
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Patients within the age group 05-25 years.
- Patients of both genders.
- Patients suffering from subjective signs and symptoms of tonsillitis Associated symptoms.
- Subjects who regularly take Homeopathic treatment.
- Patients taking any additional treatment other than the conventional treatment have been excluded from this study.
Patients suffering from any life-threatening illness have been excluded
- It was found that 18 subjects recovered totally (cured) with the help of homeopathic medications and 10 subjects improved and 02 subjects not improved. Thus, proving clinical implication of constitution in homeopathic prescribing is good. In this study constitutional remedies gave much relief to the subjects. Acute Remedies were required in some of the cases.
- The dissertation work is about the “EFFICACY OF CONSTITUTIONAL MEDICINE IN PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF TONSILLITIS”. The Purpose is to put light on the effectiveness of constitutional homeopathic remedies in tonsillitis to avoid complications. Single, randomized, Controlled trial, placebo control, Single blind parallel methods were used. Cases were taken from OPD/IPD of Naiminath homeopathic medical college hospital and research Centre Agra. The prevalence of cases was found as Common age group affected 05-25 years. Brodsky’s scale for tonsillitis is used for assessment of the results obtained from the selected cases. It was found that among selected cases 18 subjects recovered totally (cured) with the help of homeopathic medications and 10 subjects improved and 02 subjects are not improved. Thus, proving clinical implication of constitution in homeopathic prescribing is good. Constitutional homeopathic remedies can be used successfully to avoid the complication of tonsillitis and to cure the patients.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE WITH HOMEOPATHY
- So, in this condition lot of sick population will remain untreated and suffering. Hence, we need to make ourselves capable to prescribe quick and perfect or exact Similimum; to help the suffering humanity.
- When a patient come to physician; it is only his constitution and moral which is perceptible before any conversation
- It is the reflection of his morbid state, his psycho-mental or emotional state, genetic make-up, dyscrasia & miasmatic background.
- Constitution plays a vital role to prescribe a remedy with certainty and in a greater ease and comparatively in much lesser time. So, the physician can tackle many patients at a time.
- So, we can say that constitution and moral (behavior) is a true guide for the selection of the remedy as mental organization is not always accessible, as almost all patients hide it due to curse of civilization, there is always a severe masking of emotional state in almost all patients in all society. Many of patients do not understand the value of mental symptoms in homeopathic case taking.
- To solve these practical problems the master Dr. Hahnemann has advocated in § 5 to investigate the chronic miasm in the 8 parameters:
- “In these investigations
1. The ascertainable physical constitution of the patient (especially when the disease is chronic disease)
2. His moral and intellectual character
3. His occupation
4. Mode of living and habits
5. His social and domestic relations
6. His age
7. Sexual function
8. etc. are to be taken in consideration.”
Hence, the relief can be provided to the sick humanity as our Master Hahnemann mentioned in the foot note of §1—
“…nor is it to attempt to give countless explanations regarding the phenomena in diseases and their proximate cause…- whilst the sick humanity sighs in vain for aid. …we have had quite enough, and it is now high time that all who call themselves physicians should at length cease to deceive suffering mankind with mere talk, and begin now, instead, for once to act, that is, really to help and to cure ”
Individually prescribed homeopathic medicines seems to work very effectively in cases of children with recurrent upper respiratory tract infection in reducing the daily burden of symptoms, use of antibiotics, and need for adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy. The improvement of patients was assessed by Brodsky scale.
- Brodsky scale comprises of following 5 grades
a) Grade O: (Tonsil within tonsillar fossa)
b) Grade 1: Tonsil just outside tonsillar fossa and occupy <25% of oropharyngeal width
c)Grade 2: Tonsils occupy 26%-50% of oropharyngeal width
d)Grade 3: Tonsils occupy 51%-75% of oropharyngeal width
e) Grade 4: Tonsils occupy>75% of the oropharyngeal width
- Since this was a time-bound study, cases could not be followed up for a longer period.
- There is tremendous load of patients in our country as there is a lot of population which is sick. A diligent homeopathic case taking requires 2-3 hours. So, the homeopathic physician can only see 4 to 5 patients per day.
- Some cases demanded long term observation for the proper study which practically was not possible due to time limit.
- Some good cases couldn’t be considered in this study because of discontinued treatment in between the study period.
- The sample size taken in this study was limited to 30 therefore generalizing the result and conclusions needed to be done cautiously.
- This may be concluded that this study was a successful one, as the outcome of the study was quite encouraging in encountering such deep-rooted conditions effectively. The result of this prospective study has proved that the Homeopathic medicines are definitely of a greater benefit to the patients who are suffering with different kind of diseases and different constitutions.
- Dr. Samuel Hahnemann, Dudgeon R.E, Organon Of Medicine, Sixth Edition Translated By William Boericke, Published By Mayur Jain, Indian Books & Periodicals Publishers, Block – 5/62, Dev Nagar, Pyare Ll Road, Karol Baggh, New Delhi-110005; September- 2015
- Calvin B. Knerr, Repertory of Hering’s Guiding homeopathy medicine for tonsil stones Of Our Materia Medica, First Edition; Published B Y Kuldeep Jain, Published By B. Jain Publishers (P) Ltd, 1921/10, Chuna Mandi, Paharganj, New Delhi 110055 (India), 2016
- Robin Murphy, homeopathic Medical Repertory, A Modern Alphabetical Repertory, Second Edition; Published in India By Indian Books And Periodicals Publishers, Block-5/62, Dev Nagar, Pyare Lal Road, Karol Bagh, New Delhi-110005, India;1998;
Dr. Sarika Pandey
(Organon Of Medicine)
Naiminath homeopathic Medical College Hospital & Research Centre, Agra